Nocode capabilities table?

Hi there, first post!

I’ve been researching nocode for some weeks now and the hardest part for me is to know what I can or cannot do. So, I started going through the makerpad tutorials and there are some common themes:

web pages: webflow, bubble, retool, adalo, boundless, carrd
grid: dashdash, airtable
authentication: memberstack, memberspace
mobile app: glide, adalo, thunkable
voice: voiceflow
payment: stripe, gumroad
comms: slack, gmail,
chatbot: landbot
scraping: parabola, phantombuster
connect services: zapier, parabola, iftt

It looks like a big part of the projects can be created with the services mentioned above.

But when I got to the connector services I saw a list of 1500 apps and although I started checking them, but it’s soo much stuff.

If that wasn’t enough, it seems to be a divide between enterprisey nocode (e.g. uipath, automation anywhere) and the rest. I found this divide sort of mentioned here: https://dcgross.com/2020-startup-themes/#2-saying-yes-to-nocode

So my questions are

1. How do you investigate the possibilities? Is there any kind of table that shows me high level capabilities?
  2. Is there any reason for not finding RPA in some nocode sites (like makerpad)?

Thanks and hope I didn’t bore you with all the text :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Few main differences between RPA and connected services you have mentioned. Services like Zapier works only with cloud based applications with data available via APIs, as far as my understand goes, where as RPA works with any application that we use on a computer…it can be a desktop app or cloud based or any other.

Also, RPA is not no code but it is low code; even though RPA companies promote themselves as no code. Having said that, RPA companies are coming up with no code tools like UiPath Studio X.

Also, RPA is more for Corporate than for SMEs at this point.

I think thats the reason RPA doesn’t appear in sites like makerpad!!

2 Likes

yeah I think @HappyHuman is right with the stuff he mentioned.

I see RPA and no-code as providing the same end solution but the way to get there is very different for different size companies and different product experiences. Who knows, we may do some RPA in the future!!

@olioak42 it’s a perfectly reasonable question to ask about no-code capabilities for sure and we are working on some pages which can help bucket some of this stuff to help you refine things a bit more.

I’d recommend looking at https://www.makerpad.co/explore where you can filter by tag or company and see the tools, tutorials and stories all related to no-code building which can help to an extent.

We’re really trying to outline a lot of possibilities in the different areas to educate everyone but there’s so many! :slight_smile: You can always post in https://forum.makerpad.co/c/how-can-i-build/6 and see if there are specific responses to any particular ideas you have!

1 Like

@bentossell I am into RPA. If you want do something with RPA let me know!!

I didn’t know about the explore section, thanks!

“We’re really trying to outline a lot of possibilities in the different areas to educate everyone but there’s so many”

Yeah, it can be overwhelming for me, but good overwhelming :slight_smile:

I’d like to help with RPA stuff. It’s not that I prefer it, but it fits with my background. I worked at a bank and I did some automation. So I know the space. The work is very focused on excel and offline. There’s also dealing with auditors and reports. Oh, the reports! :slight_smile:

The thing is, the bank where I worked contacted me recently because of the automations. That same week I found out about nocode and uipath.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @HappyHuman!

Yeah, that fits with my understanding. Although I’d say that even if RPA is more corporate, in some cases it can be cheaper than some online offers because you have the studio community editions and you put it running in a idle pc somewhere.

There’s also the data concerns. Some companies won’t put their data online.

1 Like